Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year all you blog readers! As you know, early language learning is a topic I write about quite a bit. Today I'll write a bit about an easy song you can use around New Year's for early language learning in 3 languages!

I've used this song for many years on the first day back from holiday break teaching my younger students. It's great because it's to the tune of "Happy Birthday," but instead you substitute, "Happy New Year." A short way to say "Happy New Year" in Spanish is "Feliz Año," which also fits nicely with the rhythm of the song. Check out my video below to see how I use English, ASL, and Spanish to do this simple adaptation!

The first day back to school after break can be a tough one for all involved. That's why a simple song such as this can be a great way to lift spirits, and transition nicely back to classroom routines. Whether you sing the song at school or at home, it's a fun way to ring in the new year! 



No comments:

Post a Comment